My cousin Lavender Ackerly tagged me to do a meme. Sorry she had to wait so long for me to get to it!
1. What I was doing 10 years ago...
10 years ago I was getting ready to move to Los Angeles CA to work as a travel nurse for the first time so that my now ex-husband could pursue his dream. I was kicking butt in my Mary Kay business as well but was to soon find out that I couldn't handle both in a new place. My sons were 2 and 11. The 2-year-old came with us to California but my oldest son stayed behind with his dad in Erie. THAT sucked.
2. Five things on my to-do list today
Well since it's 8pm as I'm writing this I'll give you my to-do list for tomorrow:
1. Mary Kay facial with my friend Lori at 9:30
2. pick up rental roto-tiller at 2:30 so that I can have it for Sunday when my boyfriend can till my new vegetable garden
3. attend my now 12-year old's soccer game
4. go to Lowe's/Home Depot for supplies to make the raised vegetable bed
5. go to a movie or other fun thing with my son and boyfriend. Maybe we'll go see Kung Fu Panda!
3. Snacks I enjoy:
1. Newman's Own mint chocolate oreo-like cookies
2. nuts-almonds, cashews, macadamias
3. strawberry shortcake
4. fresh fruit
5. kettle chips and popcorn
4. Things I would do if I was a billionaire:
1. Pay off all my bills, mom's bills, dad's bills.
2. Invest so that I would continue to be a billionaire.
3. Donate to some favorite charities: the Mary Kay Ash Charitable Foundation, the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, Heifer International, Habitat for Humanity, my local Whole Foods Co-Op, and other great ones that I don't know about yet.
4. Build a house that uses no fossil fuels...i.e. with a geothermal heating/cooling system, green roof, solar panels, etc. It would also look like a log home or a castle. Not sure which. And it would have a huge vegetable garden!
5. Places I've lived:
-Buffalo NY (birth place)
-Waterford PA (grew up there)
-Erie PA (several times and current domicile)
-Los Angeles CA
6. Jobs I've had:
-cashier at convenience store
-Registered Nurse...as such I've worked in home care, infusion, critical care, and the cath lab.
-Mary Kay consultant
7. People I want to know more about:
My spoiler Antonia de la Weasley, and anyone else on the swap!